New bittorrent list?
Justin Cormack
2005-03-23 18:30:23 UTC
I picked you guys out as some (but not all) of the frequent participants
on the bittorrent email list. Bram abruptly killed the list, but having
a list where BT-based application developers and users can congregate is
valuable.
I'm offering ibiblio.org as a possible new host. If you're not familiar
with ibiblio (where I work) we're a digital library/online archive site
that dates back to 1992. We're part of the Univ. of NC in the USA and
have exclusively a research, education, and not-for-profit focus. Among
the larger sites we host are groklaw.net, gutenberg.org, etree.org,
tldp.org, and confluence.org. We have mailman for email lists.
Who knows if there's any way to get the full subscriber list from Bram.
I have saved msgs back to May 2004 and will take submissions if you more
in mbox format. That is, of course, if you want to have archives
available.
Just a friendly offer from a fellow developer. :)
Sorry not to respond sooner, was travelling.

I think ibiblio is a great idea for this.

My only reservation is the name of the group. Bram is clearly getting
very proprietory about the name. p2p-devel or something might better.

I have joined btports for the moment too (as I am porting bt...) but
suspect that this should be kept more focussed on those issues.

Will post some other thoughts once people have had time to subscribe so
messages arent dropped.

Justin

Yahoo! Groups Links

BitTorrent-***@yahoogroups.com