Shutting down this list
Bram Cohen
2005-03-22 23:29:30 UTC
Since none of the actual BitTorrent developers read this list, and most of
the discussion on this list has been purportedly about development, I'm
now shutting it down.

If any of you people who have been discussing protocol here would like to
design your own protocol, go right ahead, but don't call it BitTorrent.

-Bram

Yahoo! Groups Links

BitTorrent-***@yahoogroups.com

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
John Hoffman
2005-03-23 01:28:27 UTC
Post by Bram Cohen
Since none of the actual BitTorrent developers read this list, and most of
the discussion on this list has been purportedly about development, I'm
now shutting it down.
Uh -- please don't?

I know the s/n ratio is kinda low, but I think the list is useful.

Andrew Brampton
2005-03-23 01:45:17 UTC
If this list is going to close, I suggest people jump ship and head over to
btports (also hosted on yahoo).
They have a very similar topics, and I'm sure they would like the members.

Enjoy
Andrew

John Prevost
2005-03-23 17:54:03 UTC
On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 15:29:30 -0800 (PST), Bram Cohen
Post by Bram Cohen
Since none of the actual BitTorrent developers read this list, and most
of the discussion on this list has been purportedly about development,
I'm now shutting it down.
If any of you people who have been discussing protocol here would like to
design your own protocol, go right ahead, but don't call it BitTorrent.
Do you have a suggestion about where I should go to read about the
current development of BitTorrent? For my part, I was very excited to
read your message (some time ago) about a BT2 protocol, and have
remained on the list mainly hoping to hear more about it.

I suspect that similar feelings have led into a lot of the current
protocol discussion, as folks have been speculating about what you
might have in mind, and trying various implementations of hash trees
out, and the like.

For myself, I'd like very much to hear about what direction things are
going. I don't particularly care about interjecting my own comments
too much, and could do without the pointless speculation if I could
find out something real.

Thanks very much,

John.